|North Northamptonshire Council|
|Finedon St Mary’s Church|
|Finedon Dolben Cricket Club|
|East northants community radio|
Finedon Parish Council would like to thank Mr Kevan Chapman for allowing Finedon Parish Council to use his photographs for the website. If you would like to see more photos and information abou Finedon go to:
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Some parts of this website may not be fully accessible:
- some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- some video and audio streams may not have captions
- some text and links may have poor colour contrast
- maps may be difficult to navigate using screen reader software
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using the details at the bottom of this website.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
This council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content that is not accessible is outlined below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
We may have some scanned PDF documents on our website e.g. our Annual Governance and Accountability Returns (AGARs). Scanned PDF documents do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations 2018 but these documents can be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media, on request.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
3rd party products
- We use Google maps. These may not be accessible to some people. We will always provide the information by alternative means on request
- Social media share bars may not meet the required colour contrast levels
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 30th July 2020. It was last reviewed on 14th August 2020.
We used the methodology described in “Website Accessibility Requirements” produced by NALC. This website was tested using the Microsoft Accessibility Insights for Web tool recommend in that publication.